‘Grey water’ is simply water that has been reused instead of being wasted down the drain. You can collect this by using a bucket after a bubble bath. It has lots of different uses and gives us an opportunity to do our part for the environment by reusing something water, an important and precious resource.
Whilst fizzing the bomb, bubbling the bar and relaxing in your bath, why not devote a few minutes to thinking about how you can put the water you’re bathing in, to some good use when you’re done?
A flood of ideas
- Use your bath water in the garden. Water the soil around the plants rather than the leaves.
- Keep a bucket next to your tub and use it to flush the toilet.
- Going to wash your car or your dog? Plan a bath beforehand and reuse the water – it might be best to forgo any bubble bath/hair mask/ body scrubs.
- Wash your rugs, curtains and other bits that need hand-washing. They’ll smell lovely – watch any light colours in bath bomb water.
- Melt away in a romantic bath for two. You’ll use half the water and have twice the fun!
So these are some of my ideas, but I know you’ve got some too, so please post them below!